Before You Buy
- Check the chemical compatibility for your materials before you buy. If you are unsure, contact us and speak to one of our experts.
Before You Install
- Cross check the Spec Sheet and the Install Instructions from the manufacturer of your bulkhead before you begin
- Make sure you have your necessary tools handy
- Appropriate diameter hole saw
- Grease Pencil or Marker
- Scrap plastic or wood for testing your hole
- Crescent Wrench
- Ensure your tank is in good condition and is compatible with your new bulkhead
- Drain the tank below the fitting location
- Check your bulkhead for any defects or missing pieces
- Drain the tank and mark the appropriate center point on the outside of the tank
- Cut a hole in your test / scrap piece and ensure proper fit of the tank adapter. The bulkhead should pass into the hole but have no more than a 1/16th inch of side-to-side play. Proper diameter is determined by measuring the outside thread diameter of the fitting body and checking the manufacturer specification sheets.
- Once you are sure about the hole size, drill the hole in the tank and put the bulkhead (including the gasket) through from the inside of the tank
- Hand tighten the nut from the outside and be sure, if you have installed a siphon tube, that it is facing the correct way.
- Due to expansion and contraction of the tank walls, it is best to us flexible connections between tank fitting and rigid pipe or pump.
- Water test your tank to check for leaks.